Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kayaks - Towing Eyes

bronx5bronx5 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2014 in Toyota
I have a 2010 RAV 4 and I am looking for ideas on how to tie down my Kayak in the front and the back does anyone have any suggestions .

One way would be to use the towing eyes in the front but the car came with only one.Has anyone found a place to buy another without breaking the bank ,The Eye's do not have to be as heavy

Tks

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited March 2010
    When I carry two or three canoes on my rack, I usually just criss cross the ropes and use one tie down. But my racks are 78" and the boats rarely ride in the center of the rack - even when hauling just one canoe, I shove it over the passenger side for better visibility.

Here's what I use on the front of my van since the tow hooks aren't very accessible.

Painter loop

Maybe a length of Perlon looped around the spare tire holder would work in the back?
  • bronx5bronx5 Member Posts: 4
    I found the Towing Eyelet on line it was 24.95 plus 9.95 for shipping .I have listed the web site . You can call or look under bumpers then find part #25

https://www.toyotapartscenter.net/toyotarav4parts.html
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited April 2010
    Wow, spendy little thing. I think I'll stick to my hunk of rope. :shades:

Nice bit of sleuthing to find that part.
This discussion has been closed.