Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Looking at buying a 2008 SXT

momof2chicsmomof2chics Member Posts: 3
edited July 2014 in Chrysler
I thought I posted this already but must not have submitted it right because I can't find my question so here it goes again.

I recently had another child and am searching for a bigger vehicle. I've of course wanted to look into the Odyssey, Sienna, and now Dodge Grand Caravan after I test drove a 2008 SXT. Problem is I don't know if I liked the car or the features it had. Of course in the end it's all going to boil down to what is available and in my budget.

When I do searches for used vans I see there are more than triple the amount of used Grand Caravans for sale than the dodge or sienna and am wondering if any one knows why.

I feel like car dealerships are going to see us coming a mile away. Luckily I have the luxury to just walk away since I'm not in a hurry to buy.

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,789
    I think you meant that there are triple the used Caravans as compared to the Odyssey or Sienna, correct?

Part of the reason is simply because there are a ton of them on the road, but beyond that I suspect many original owners just got fed up with the problems and shoddy brakes.

In my opinion, if you want to get a Caravan (or T&C), look at 2007. If you prefer a newer vehicle, look at a different brand.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • momof2chicsmomof2chics Member Posts: 3
    Yes, that's what I meant.
    I did see a few posts about having to get brakes done after 20K miles or so. That's definitely something I need to consider. Thanks for the info.

Maybe I need to lean more towards the Odyssey or Sienna
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,789
    People get rid of vehicles for as many reasons as one could ever ponder, but you certainly want to hedge your bets when buying a used vehicle - especially with young children on board! To that end, a known repair/maintenance history on a specific vehicle of interest is quite valuable in my opinion. You just don't want to buy somebody else's problem....
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
This discussion has been closed.