Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2000 Yukon Oscillation

peteroneillpeteroneill Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in GMC
My 2000 Yukon is totally stock. At 1500 rpm, any gear, there is an oscillation that sounds like sheet metal vibrating. The sound emanates from the front half of the vehicle. I call it an oscillation because there is only the sound, not the feel of something moving.

Any ideas?

Pete O'Neill

Comments

• obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    It has to do with the resonance in the front end. If you haven't had your bushings upgraded...it could be the source of the problem. You haven't stated whether yours is a 4x4 or 4x2.
  • peteroneillpeteroneill Member Posts: 2
    The Yukon is a 4x4 and has the Vortex 5300 engine. The vibration(resonance) occurs whether the vehicle is motionless in Park or Neutral, or under way in any gear. At highway speeds, the noise is less prevelant.

I am guessing that it is sheet metal problem and that the metal is under stress from air pressure when the vehicle is moving at highway speeds and therefore not resonant.
  • ruibalruibal Member Posts: 1
    My 2000 Tahoe is having some problems and I am not very happy with the purchase at this time.
    Problem 1 - The breaks squeak. The first time I took it to the dealer (where I bought it). The said it was metal content in pads. Second time a different mechanic said it was glazing. They said they fixed it but I still have the problem.
    Problem 2 - There is a noise (squeaking noise) that comes from the front of the truck when I hit the gas. When I release the gas the noise stops. The noise comes and goes.
    Two noises never happen at the same time. For a $43,000 vehicle I am going crazy. If anyone has any advice or similar problems please let me know.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    There are active discussions on Yukons and Tahoes in our SUV conference. You folks may wish to check them out, if you have not already.

Good luck.

Pat/Roving Host
This discussion has been closed.