Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

07 Tahoe LTZ dropped 2 - 3

skatcsiskatcsi Posts: 6
edited July 2014 in Chevrolet
Dropped my 07 Tahoe LTZ, 2 - 3, with spindles and springs. When stopping on a downhill slow turn, the stabletrack goes off and the brakes pulsate. Any info on fixing this?

Comments

• kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    What all did you do to the braking system, while you were making those other changes?
  • skatcsiskatcsi Posts: 6
    Thanks for your reply. There was nothing else done. Just the suspension.
    Did you take the calipers off? Did you unplug the speed sensors on the wheels?; Hard to imagine you made those suspension changes without touching any of the brake system parts.
    The front suspension was changed to drop spindles and I believe my mechanic had to take off the calipers. Not sure about the speed sensors. I'll have to have him check. If he took off the speed sensors, is there a recalibration he has to do?
    edited May 2010
    Exactly.
    If the sensors are improperly connected, he needs to fix them. If he damaged a sensor, it needs replaced. If he took the caliper off, and in somehow doing so crimped a brake line, it needs repaired. If the caliper bore is bound/frozen, the caliper needs replaced.
    Thanks for your help. I will have him check those things out.
This discussion has been closed.