Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Only 1 CD for 2010 GT NAV audio unit?

chuckml97chuckml97 Posts: 11
edited July 2014 in Mazda
I got a 2010 GT with NAV. Yesterday, I try to insert more than 1 CD to the unit. I couldn't !!! Am I missing something here. I did not evern ask the salesperson about cd changers. I expected the car to come with 6 CD changer. Please confirm the OEM NAV only come with CD player, not CD changer.

Comments

• cericceric Posts: 1,092
    edited June 2010
    Pre-2009 model of CX9 with NAVI came with 6-CD changer.
    Not so with CX9s after 2009 (inclusive).
    The reason is that the NAVI unit was moved from the cargo area to the center console/dash.
    - there is limited room there
    - more people use A2DP (supported by CX9 BT) or aux jack or MP3 disc. CD-changer isn't really needed anymore. 1CD of 700MB can hold about 200 songs
    arranged in folders.

That is not a mistake. It is clearly mentioned in brochure and spec. You somehow missed it before you bought it. Sorry.
  • chuckml97chuckml97 Posts: 11
    Somehow I missed this detail. I was picking between GT AWD with NAV or Touring AWD with changers upgrade which also come with backup cam. So I assume GT one has a CD changers also, since NAV is a $2000 upgrade. Oh well, I am driving the GT to legoland CA this July 4, I guess I have to burn a CD myself.
  • buyer101buyer101 Posts: 80
    Ceric
    In the Touring model there is a 6 CD changer in the center console so I'm wondering why could that not be replicated on a GT with NAVI ? Is it because the NAVI unit itself has hardware that occupies extra space, leaving no space for a changer ?
  • davichodavicho Posts: 190
    As ceric stated in another forum "for 2010 the CD changer was deleted on GT-Navi models because the Navigation Reader was moved from the rear (2007-2009) to behind the audio unit"
  • wjtinatlwjtinatl Posts: 50
    Has anyone with an 08 CX-9 Navi had the chance to try the '10 version? If so, is it better/faster/easier? I'm seriously thinking about a second CX-9 GT as our '08 has been perfect and is an all around fantastic vehicle. But, the Nav in '08 was slow and has a poor interface, compared with Nissan and Honda units. Unless it's been significantly upgraded I'm getting one without Nav and buying a Garmin (and saving $1200!)
  • cericceric Posts: 1,092
    As far as I know for '10 compared with '08
    - real-time traffic (make sure you have the 09.v1 map update)
    - higher resolution screen
    - improve UI (user interface)

Bad:
    - same grey-out "feature" above 5mph
    - still there will be some guys who proclaim "my $100 Garmin is way better".
    That is not gonna change.... :)
This discussion has been closed.