Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Honda Pilot Head Restraint

chrysoschrysos Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Honda
Bought a new EX-L on Monday and I love it so far but discovered a problem. The driver's side head restraint is too far forward, there is an active restraint mechanism in the seat that pushes it forward to protect your neck in the event of a crash. I didn't notice it until today. I have an appointment next week to get it looked at but wondered if anyone else has seen this problem.

Comments

• 2pilots2pilots Posts: 1
    please let us know what Honda tells you. My wife is having the same problem..
  • stabler1stabler1 Posts: 2
    I see a lot of new cars now a day having the same design. Can't understand why. It seems to me not only the headrest prevents you from setting a more upright position, it also restricts the contact point to the back of your head. i.e there is no restraint/protection for the neck.
  • My wife keeps her seat almost upright. In this position, the head restraint pushes her head forward a lot. Finally, I took the restraint out and put it in backwards--problem solved and she really likes it in this position and it still provides protection.

Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.