Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Is buying a K&N Cold Air Intake Kit for my 2003 worth buying?

tyshauntyshaun Posts: 13
I was thinking about purchasing a K&N Cold Air Intake Kit for my 2003 ford expedition. I just wanted to make sure im not wasting my money. I was told its good if you want to tow things, but my vehicle is not for towing. i was also told that if i was purchasing Chrome rims thta because they are so heavy , this would be also a good purchase. i just wanna know if its beneficial if i purchase. I want nothing but the best performance from my vehicle but i also dont want to waste money if i dont have to.

Comments

• alwaysfords2alwaysfords2 Posts: 339
    Waste of money. Makes more noise, doesn't increase power or response or mileage. I've tried it twice (5.0 Explorer and 5.4 Expedition) and will not again.
  • spent over $300 for my K&N cold air return for my 2009 GMC Sierra with 5.3, and no I would not waste my money. I voided my warranty, and gained no MPG, and horsepower? Infact a friend of mine says he actually lost MPG during the winter
This discussion has been closed.