Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura MDX Service

mdxer4mdxer4 Member Posts: 3
edited September 2014 in Acura
Hi,
I'm looking for a reasonable place to get my 08 Acura MDX serviced (15k miles). The dealer in Manhattan quoted $900+taxes. Can someone recommend a place in NJ (Hudson county or nearby)?

Comments

• Options
    pbhatia1pbhatia1 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    The "Crook Acura of Richmond" mislead me into turning my perfectly fine rotors stating turning was a required step mandated by American Honda Motor Co. Further more, they only topped off the brake fluid when they made me believe that they were going to replace the old brake fluid... Has the greed to make quick bucks made them stoop down to the level where they can put people's lives at danger?
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You can submit a review about your dealership over at the Dealer Ratings and Reviews module and it'll probably be seen by more Google and Bing searchers that way.

Dealer Ratings and Reviews.

Next time look at your owner's manual or the Edmunds Car Maintenance Guide and spell out what you want done up front. If the service writer calls with advice on more stuff to do, do a net search and call the dealer back in an hour.

Dealers always try to cut rotors when pads are replaced because the new pads will usually be noisy for a while until the pad surfaces break in and match the existing rotors. Turning (or replacing) rotors cuts down on consumer complaints. At least that's the story I've heard a lot; you could check with Acura and see if that's a "mandated" step for some reason.

Shop around, maybe there's an independent mechanic in your area that has a good reputation.
This discussion has been closed.