Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 2.5L Golf or the 2010 GTI

lynn59lynn59 Member Posts: 3
edited August 2014 in Volkswagen
Looking at both the 2.5L Golf and the 2010 GTI. I like the amenities of the GTI (turbo, touch screen radio, 6cd changer, fog lights...etc). However, even the dealer told me it was overpriced. The Golf interior seems a little dated in terms of sound/music/bluetooth...etc. Also, the Golf can't add navigation or CD changer (dealer tried and it didn't work). Should I stick with the Golf or spend the extra money on the GTI??

Comments

• spock1234spock1234 Member Posts: 1
    I'd go with the GTI if I had the money. Let me explain:

I own a 2010 Golf 2.5L. It is pretty bare bones expect for the addition of bluetooth. I am OK with it since I use it only as a commuter car, but I could not stand it if this was my only car. My friend has the 2010 GTI and it is lot nicer. I added a 7-inch Magellan navigation system and got it installed by Best Buy. It serves its purpose, but is nowhere as nice as the factory built-in Nav system in the GTI.

Bottom line - if you want an economy car and don't care about the bells-and-whistles, get the Golf. You can add a Nav or Bluetooth if you want for very little money. If you want a fully-equipped car with a finished look, get the GTI.

One piece of advice: Do not get the larger wheels on the GTI. Combined with the stiffer suspension, the larger wheels make the ride too stiff for extended drives.
  • lynn59lynn59 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks so much for your reply. I totally agree. However, I had to make a decision last week and I got an incredible deal on the 2010 2.5L with bluetooth, sunroof, heated seat package. I would be interested to know more about the navigation package you installed (where to they put it and is it better than a Garmin) and if there is anyway to upgrade the music system. I am particularly interested in a 6cd changer. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.