Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you received a recall notice for your car, but decided that you're not going to take it in to get it fixed? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you about it. Please reach out to [email protected] by Wednesday, September 26, 2018 telling us why you decided not to get the repair, and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.
If you experience loading issues with the login/register form, please completely disable ad blocker or use an incognito or in-private window to log in.

2011 Chevrolet Impala

I was at a Chevrolet dealer recently and they had a sign posted that 2011 models REQUIRED synthetic blend oil. (at $42 per change!).

Can anyone shed some light on this such as is it true and if so why?

I am aware that some models need full synthetic, but requiring synthetic blend is a new one to me.

Comments

• I would like the answer to the topic posted by 66speed, What type of synthetic oil should be used and is it required now?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,079
    Changed the title of this discussion so that it's more likely to get attention from other 2011 owners.

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• I have dropped a ring in the vent under the driver seat of my 2011 Chevy Impala. Anyone know how to get the ring out of this vent? I can't get my fingers in there to feel it. Any ideas of how to retrieve this ring? Thanks