Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

96' Town and Country wont start

lilbo90lilbo90 Member Posts: 1
I have a 96' Town an country with a 3.8L motor and it will turn over but it wont start. it has gas going to it and it has spark. we hooked up the code reader and it aint showing anything wrong with it. we changed the coil pack and still nothing. we r thinking about buying a used computer to put on it to see if it is the computer....i was wondering if anyone knows or had the same problem with theres and knows what is wrong before we start putting alot of money in to it. thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    seth31seth31 Member Posts: 3
    I am going through a similar situation with my 98 town and country I would not consider getting a computer I did the same thing and had it re configured it did not solve the problem just save your money the next thing I'm working on is either getting the BCM which is the body control module reset or I'm going to have the cluster mechanism reset good luck
  • Options
    tsu670tsu670 Member Posts: 293
    Just a shot in the dark. Try disconnecting the negative battery terminal. Reconnect after 10 minutes. Sometimes this solves all sorts of problems.
  • Options
    joepeterson56joepeterson56 Member Posts: 95
    I would suggest replacing or at least swapping out the instrument cluster circuit board with a known good one, or have all the solder connections on your current one redone first. These solder joints on the boards are notorious for causing all kinds of unbelievable electrical gremlins, including Start/No Start conditions, as well as all kinds of electrical equipment malfunctions that will have you & your garage chasing down non existent problems. Good luck.