Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Noise coming from front end.

luckycaliluckycali Posts: 17
edited August 2014 in Lincoln
I have put in new struts all the way around and im still geting a noise from the front like if i need new struts. I took my car to the shop and was told that i had to replace my left sway bar link and my right tie rod. I have put these parts in the car already, and still have the same noise. Anyone know's what it might be?

Comments

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 4,564
    Sway bar bushings.

Take it to the bank.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 8,062
    And if I'm not mistaken you have to change the entire sway bar to get the new bushings, unless someone found a way around it.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 4,564
    Yeah, you're right. What used to be a $40 90-minute job (even if you'd never done it before) is now a much bigger deal.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes S.E. Wisconsin Posts: 1,019
    The early LS's are known for the knock from the sway bar bushings. There is an updated sway bar with bushings. SO yeah, I think you have to change the whole sway bar.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
  • Thanks for the answer guys.
This discussion has been closed.