Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Mazda CX-9 Mods

davichodavicho Posts: 190
If anyone here is interested the following mod is fairly cheap, easy, and satisfying.

I had a reputable muffler shop remove the resonator from my exhaust system and replace it with a straight pipe leaving the two rear muffler alone. The result is a very subtle and nice deep tone that is not intrusive at all but has a better tone then the stock set-up. There is no performance lost or gained and it is strictly tone of exhaust difference. The sound emmitted now is a more subtle tone of an Infiniti G35 or FX35. If anyone is interested in this mod I highly recommended.

Comments

• crikeycrikey Posts: 1,041
    How much did the mod cost? I do miss the rumble of my old Infiniti FX35.
  • davichodavicho Posts: 190
    45 mins of my lunch and $40
  • crikeycrikey Posts: 1,041
    What's involved with the mod? Do they cut the muffler up and weld or is this just a bolt on? Also, which reputable muffler shop did you go to?
  • davichodavicho Posts: 190
    They cut off the resonator (looks like a muffler) that is located in the middle of the vehicle, and they welded a straight piece of pipe in its place. The place I went to is Scotty's Muffler in San Bernardino, CA
  • I have a 2011 CX-9 and have not really driven many automatics. Are there any performance chips out there for the CX-9 that can improve the shifting? It seems slow to downshift unless you stomp on it then it is too much. I don't notice this in my wife's Honda minivan.

Thanks.