Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mitsubishi Outlander Moonroof

terrdoggterrdogg Member Posts: 3
edited September 2014 in Mitsubishi
moon/sunroof quit working, was grinding was told by mitsu, i was S.O.L.,no warranty for that due to me not proving dwind deflector was a fac. option., screws had fallen out of motor, thats a common problem they said, whooda thunk that.

Comments

• Options
    fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    What year is your Outlander & what mileage does it have? Also, if you don't mind saying, what area of the country do you live in?

Are you saying they are denying warranty coverage because you did not order the optional wind deflector? Was it the dealer or Mitsu customer service (1-888-Mitsu20)? If the dealer, I would suggest trying another dealer or escalating to Mitsu corporate at the 888 number.

If Mitsu corporate is denying the coverage, closely review the warranty documentation you got when you bough the car to make sure there's no exclusion for it and if there is none, consider taking them to small claims court to get reimbursed for the repair cost. You'll be out the court filing fee (probably between $50 & $100) but you'd have a good chance of getting the repair costs reimbursed.

Personally, I don't see how warranty coverage of a factory option can be dependent on an optional accessory. That makes no sense. And IMHO, wind deflectors are a waste of money, spoil the roof line's appearance, and harm aerodynamics (with a resulting economy penalty).
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • Options
    outlander is2006/from,ca. 56,000 mi..isent pics of deflector to them & they said it was in 2006 brochure, but it was installed to the movable deflector att. to moonroof.weve had car 4 7 mos. 7 it always worked fine & then pooped out, we took it immed. to dlr, 385.00 later he told us about mountind error along w/screws falling out of motor,repl screws & retiming motor is an adjustment,( 12 mos or 12,000 mi.) so here they apprently weasled out on that one. i would love to write to someone @ mitsu but WHO??
  • Options
    If you're from Canada then the # to call for Mitsu customer service is 1-888-57-MITSU. Or you can do a form: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/en/contact/
  • Options
    california, not canada,ive been goin around w/these fols for 2 wks on ph. & e/mailing pics, 2day they called & basically said TUFF S--T.!!!
  • Options
    1-888-Mitsu20 is the Mitsu customer service number for the US.
This discussion has been closed.