Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jacking up car for oil changes

picota52picota52 Member Posts: 2
edited September 2014 in Honda
Will do oil and filter change in 2006 Accord . Need to know where to lift besides the front tire changing point. Can use a four wheel floor jack , if best. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Comments

• jmillerjmillerjmillerjmiller Member Posts: 113
    edited April 2011
    A quick search turns up this thread with pic
    http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3791

Looks like they use a point on the crossbeam that the engine mounts to. The embossed arrow on the plastic points to where there is steel structure above it.
  • mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    edited April 2011
    Although you can use the center jack point to lift the car, you should not rely on a hydraulic jack to hold the car up. You still need to place jack stands under the car and release the jack so the car is sitting on the stands. I have used the jack points for the stands as shown in the owners manual when using the factory jack.

I only use the stands when I need to remove a tire. For changing oil, I find car ramps are much easier (and faster) to use.

Mrbill
  • picota52picota52 Member Posts: 2
    Same as others, I do not rely on hydraulic jack only! Neither can I can use ramps as my 2006 Accord front bumper is too low.

Thank you for your comments.
  • jmillerjmillerjmillerjmiller Member Posts: 113
    I just sit a couple of foot and a half or so long pieces of 2x4 in front of the ramps - this raises the bumper enough to clear the ramps for most models.
This discussion has been closed.