Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Isuzu Rodeo Reduced Power Light Fix

brendtbrendt Member Posts: 3
Ok, those of you who are having electrical issued with your rodeo, where the engine stalls, or misses, or you hit a bump and the reduced power light comes on---- here is the simple FIX (the first place you should check) it solved my problem immediately, and hopefully it will yours.

Another person on came up with this solution and has it posted somewhere, but I'm reinforcing this because it fixed my issue.
OK-- on the main wiring bundel which runs from the engine to the computer module(8"x8" light metal box on drivers side near brake fluid reservoir)....on this wiring bundeled together which contains at least 100 wires, there should be a metal bracket which bolts(10 mm bolt)directly onto the engine. This is the ground connection, and the bolt should have a clean contact and bolted tightly on there otherwise it throws the computer off when the car hits a bump or stops.

Check this item first, hopefully it solves your issue.

Brendt

Comments

• Options
    dmen25dmen25 Member Posts: 1
    It worked. Thank you so much we have been at a loss for quite some time. I appreciate the help saved me a lot of time and money.
  • Options
    NufSaidNufSaid Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2012
    the main wiring bundel which runs from the engine to the computer module(8"x8" light metal box on drivers side near brake fluid reservoir)....on this wiring bundeled together which contains at least 100 wires, there should be a metal bracket which bolts(10 mm bolt)directly onto the engine. This is the ground connection, and the bolt should have a clean contact and bolted tightly on there otherwise it throws the computer off when the car hits a bump or stops.

Check this item first, hopefully it solves your issue.
    Second my 2004 rodeo reduce power light came on once in awhile if i got out and taped on the throttle body and then started the engine it was good for awhile. what that did was jar the brushes on the throttle actuator motor. every time it came on i just got out and taped on the housing. What i did was remove the motor from the throttle body housing took the motor apart which was very easy where the brushes ride was all black. Took some sand paper cleaned very carefully till all the black was gone. Never came on again 3 years ago. They have a issue with this more than u think several people i told this to and they fixed there reduce power light issue. Easy if Light comes on shut engine off raise the hood tap on the throttle body housing opsite end from where the wire plug in there is a electric motor in this housing then restart engine . If light goes off do the above and clean
  • Options
    rws_rwsrws_rws Member Posts: 1
    I disagree with the big metal bracket being a ground. After completely stripping all of the wiring harness back, that metal bracket is fully plastic coated except for the part where the bolt goes. No wires are soldered or otherwise attached to the bracket.

Wiggle your wire harness while it's running, it might make a difference. It is probably a broken wire though. Broken wires don't fix themselves with a wiggle. Splice a new one where you find the broken one and be sure to fully insulate it and protect it from rubbing the frame.
  • Options
    PhonemaxPhonemax Member Posts: 1
    Greetings friends, I have this problem for 3 months, I have power reduction and it does not start the vehicle and the starter motor has burned twice, change ecu and ignition module and the problem continues, I need your help please