Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Door Mirror Replacement

chucko6chucko6 Member Posts: 81
edited October 2014 in Hyundai
I just ordered a replacement, door mirror which was shatterd, for my 2011 Tucson. It is the glass mirror mounted on the black plastic plate.
My SUV does NOT have heat or Remote mirror capabilities. I am assuming that all I have to do is push the new plate into the socket and clips mounted in the mirror housing ?
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge with this install ?

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2011
    No, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that adhesive is involved. A similar question came up in Answers yesterday from a Nissan owner and it's not as simple as it looks on some cars.

I was also under the impression that an auto glass company could cut a mirror to fit and do the replacement. That could be cheaper than buying the part from the dealer. But if it's not flat glass, that may be a problem.

Try the link in the Hyundai Online Shop Manuals Access discussion; maybe there's an auto body section with instructions. And please let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    chucko6chucko6 Member Posts: 81
    edited July 2011
    FYI

Finally got around to fixing that mirror. Relatively easy to do if you have the
    OEM Mirror. All you do is push it back into the socket that does the vertical/horizontal adjusting.
    In my case, I had an additional problem since that socket had broken loose
    from the housing in the original damage. Had to clean and Super Glue the tabs that held it in place before inserting the mirror panel.
    However we are back to seeing the passing traffic and driving a little more safely.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Thanks for the report back!
This discussion has been closed.