Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

1999 Chevrolet Silverado

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    dave40dave40 Member Posts: 582
    ;ordered black SIERRA 2500 august 1st 4 build dates NOV 9th NOV 26th DEC 7th JAN 4th waited this long what the PUCK !!
  • Options
    ruzruz Member Posts: 59
    This topic is getting too long, so I'm going to freeze it and start a new one.

The new topic is topic #461, Chevrolet Silverado.
  • Options
    cookie1cookie1 Member Posts: 68
    Dear Brutus, I have owned several 3.42 rear axle ratio Chevy Silverados with the 350 Automatic.
    I put mostly 400 highway miles a week on my truck.
    I constantly checked my mpg and it averaged everytime 15-16 mpg. I currently own a 3.73 exact
    same truck and probably will not go back to a 3.42 because I actually get better gas mileage around 16-17 mpg but rarely under 16 mpg. I find that the 3.73 rear axle ratio does not make the engine kick in to a higher rpm range as often even on slight up hill climbs in overdrive. This actually helps the engine save gas and wear and tear. It also has a little bit more pick up when pulling or off the line from a stop sign. I say get the 3.73 over the 3.42 since with the heavy duty trailering equipment package, it does not cost anything to upgrade.
This discussion has been closed.