Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you shopping for a new car and having a hard time finding what you want or did you recently buy a car but had to settle for something different than what you originally wanted? A reporter wants to speak with you; please reach out to [email protected] by 10/22 for more info.

Can I put Exterior wheelchair lift on my Fusion

I have a 2007 Ford Fusion SE. I am purchasing a motorized wheelchair for my father and would like to use my car to transport it. I want to get an exterior wheelchair lift and use it. Basically it attaches to a hitch and it holds the wheelchair at bumper level while driving.

I was reading in my owner's manual and it said that there are no towing packages available for the Fusion and it isn't recommended. When I researched it online it said I should be ok as long as the load isn't over 1000lbs. The total weight of the wheelchair and chair lift would be about 350lbs. I do know that the lift I am looking into purchasing would need a class II or III hitch.

Does anyone have any suggestions or comments that might be helpful. I certainly don't want to tear up my car and I can't afford to get another one.

I am getting a hoveround wheelchair. If anyone would like to see exactly what I referring to the lift that I plan to get it is on the hoveround website and is called the hoverlift. Thanks.

Comments