-June 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

After-market catalytic converter for 99 legacy outback wagon?

amiramoonamiramoon Member Posts: 1
Does anyone have experience using an OE (Eastern) front catalytic converter for a legacy outback wagon? This is my son's college car for the NC mtns, he has 170K miles on it and i just can't see putting $1200 into the car for this, which is what they are saying it is for the Subaru part. I feel like I may be throwing good money after bad with this, I have recently replaced several things and am wondering if it is worth fixing and then selling. So my second Q is whether it would be better to just try to sell this as is? any help appreciated! thanks

Comments

• Options
    natcat1natcat1 Member Posts: 1
    Subaru vehicles are notoriously difficult to repair with aftermarket catalytic converters. I carry several brands of catalytic converters in my warehouse but have had success with only one brand for Subaru. I would recommend the Catco brand for your son's car. If the car has the 2 piece catalytic converter system, the part is less than $200 and if it is the 1 piece system it is less than $300. OE Parts also only carry a 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty. The parts from Catco carry a 5 year or 25,000 warranty. Subaru Legacy/Outback Catalytic Converters