Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

honda accord white flakes coming out of a/c ducts on 2000 cpe

plummy1plummy1 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Honda
My new honda 2000 accord coupe with less than 1500
miles has white flakes coming out of the a/c/heating vents and depositing on console and
door rests since I bought it new. Dealers can't figure out what to do.
Anybody else have this problem and what did you do?

Comments

• Options
    bgabel1260bgabel1260 Member Posts: 135
    Describe your term "flakes"? Are they big, pea-sized chunks? Or are they like little flecks of dust?

My 2001 Accord with 900 miles has little white specks over much of the console. I just take a California Duster and the specks go away easily. I've never thought anything of it because my interior is charcoal (shows dust easily) and the plastics are breaking-in and giving off "emissions" during the process.

I don't recall actually SEEING white stuff come out of the vents...just over a period of days, there are some white specks on the console and doors. I usually write off very minor problems as break-in issues. If they persist for a period of months, then I bring it to the dealer's attention.
  • Options
    dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Do they melt?

When it is cold out the same thing happens to me, but they are snow flakes, and go away when the car warms up.
  • Options
    plummy1plummy1 Member Posts: 2
    the flakes are like white dust and I have a charcoal interior also. I don't see them coming
    from the vents but that is where it has to be coming from. Took it to dealer and factory told
    them to blow air through the ducts, but there is still
    white dust deposits on the door rests and console
    (which are the plastic wood). I've had the car,
    2000 Accord LX Coupe, since August but only have
    less than 1500 miles. Any advice?
This discussion has been closed.