Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2012 Mercedes ML350 Bluetec Mileage

I'm currently awaiting delivery of a new ML350 Bluetec and am interested to hear what current owners are seeing in terms of city, highway and combined mileage.

I look forward to your responses...

Comments

• gagricegagrice Pahrump, NevadaPosts: 31,432
    I would also be interested as that vehicle is at the top of my list to replace my 2007 Sequoia.
  • leokadia1leokadia1 Posts: 93
    I have a little under 5,000 miles on my 2012 ML350 Bluetech, I'm getting 24-26 miles per. in mixed driving. :)
  • sebzx79sebzx79 Posts: 53
    I dont have a 2012 but do have an 09BT and we are seeing 26 avg and 30 on a highway. I could not be happier!!! I also had a Toyota Seq and two Dodge durangos what avg 12-15 in city and 15-18 on highway. Makes no sense to buy a gas suv.
    I am very interested in the 2012 ML350 Bluetec. Have you every checked just highway mileage? 24-26 seems real good for mixed driving. About 10-12 MPG better than my Sequoia. Almost twice the range.
  • sebzx79sebzx79 Posts: 53
    Highway miles very depending on speed if you are around 75 you are looking at 27 if you are 55-70 you are at 28-30. My best highway run of 100plus miles in light traffic netted me 33.1 and yesterday driving down to the Jersey Shore I got 31.4. Its very addictive to try to push this 5000lb SUV as far as you can over 30mpg. Over the last 5k miles avg is at 26 flat.
  • njdriver1njdriver1 Posts: 96
    500 miles of 70% highway/30% stop & go driving delivered 25.5mpg. I thought this was pretty good straight out of the dealer. Question, its our first diesel - does the fuel filler fit into the tank the way a typical gas filler would? I had to hold the filler at the tank to pump the gas. I'm sure it was diesel fuel, but will I have to hold the thing each time I fill it?
    edited April 2013
    You were using a truck nozzle. Go to a station that has a smaller nozzle on the diesel pump. I would be happy with 25.5 MPG, it will only get better. Thanks for posting.
  • Got 4K miles on my '12 ML Blutec but average only 19 to 20 MPG. Anyone else does better? I was expecting 23-24 MPG
    Looking at Fuelly.com I would say you should be getting 23-24 MPG even with a lot of city driving. Unless you are very aggressive driver that does not sound right.