Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Upcoming Pickup Trucks (real or concept)

pocahontaspocahontas Member Posts: 802
edited April 2014 in Toyota
...to discuss upcoming pickup trucks. Thanks for your participation. ;-)

Pocahontas
Host
Pickups Message Board

Comments

• Options
    tkreitzertkreitzer Member Posts: 2
    Anyone know when this will be available? I saw a message somewhere someone had seen one undercover. I will wait as present back seat is too small.
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    as a Tundra.
  • Options
    mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    ..I thought a T100 was a Tundra?

..or was it a Tacoma?

...all the same size anyway.....we they ever have a full size?

- Tim
  • Options
    firefighterfirefighter Member Posts: 2
    THE TUNDRA IS A 1/2 TON!!!!!!!. you think your chevy,ford or dodge is so tough and reliable. I had a 94 Dodge 4x4 v-8(318) and that thing was on jacks on more than it was on the road. we blew differnals out of it. the thing leaked as fast as you could put oil in it. the quality of the truck was junk. my buddie has a 96 1/2 ton Chevy 4x4(regular cab) very pretty truck but in 6 months(i'm not kidding when i say this) he had to take it to the dealer 6 times to have injectors cleaned. and the dealer said oh yeah 96's do this all the time. the dealer didn't offer to pay for it or anything. Fords universals are weak. i had a buddie with a 1/2 ton ford and he'd have to change every universal in the truck once a year!!!
    to tell you how good toyotas are:
    my buddie has a 93 or 94 t100 4x4 (and he doesn't baby it)5 speed
    with 150,000 on it all he's done is changed oil,tires, timing chain(that's standard at 100 K)
    it's on orginal clutch.
    personally i think the Big 3 days putting out 1/2 ton junk trucks are coming to a end cause with Toyota in the hunt and Nissan i herd suppose to join up in 2003(i think). probably eventally other will get in there like Honda,Mazda,and Nissan. If the big 3 don't get the quality up soon the japanese car makers will either take over or run em over.

YOU LIGHT EM I'LL FIGHT EM
  • Options

Read about it here. What do you think?

Pocahontas
    Host
    Pickups Message Board
  • Options

It's the 2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT Is this Cadillac's answer to the Lincoln Blackwood?

Pocahontas

Host

Pickups Message Board
  • Options
    kevin124kevin124 Member Posts: 4
    So what's the story...are they going to make this truck or not? Does anybody have any info on this? Toyota did it on the Tacoma....will the Tundra follow? I know that I would seriously consider it....four full size doors and a real backseat would make me think about trade in. I would give up a 1' or so of bed space for the added interior room.
  • Options
    kokkakokka Member Posts: 2
    Anyone know when Ford is going to change the current body style? Not that I don't like it, just trying to figure out when the next version is coming!

Thanks!
  • Options
    greg116greg116 Member Posts: 116
    Tundra crew cab: It seems to be the current trend. Avalanche, Super Crew, Dodge's 2002 Quad Cab, as well as all those compacts Tundra will be next, you can bet money on it.

Alpha T: Ugly as sin. I dont believe in fullsize truck V-8s any smaller that five liters (this one has a 4.5L twin-cam), except the GM 4.8L. Four-cam 32-valve engines are for race cars, not working pickups. Pushrods all the way! Top end power is useless for towing and 4wheeling. Says it has 300 horsepower, but how much torque? Can't be more than 320 lb-ft. What can it tow? It looks WAY too much like the MAXXcab and Terradyne.

Escalade EXT: Doesent fit the Cadillac image. Taking an Avalanche (i like it) and sticking on Caddy badges and trim ain't gonna work. Bad idea.

New F-150: 2004 Model year is slated for the next revamping of the F-series. I hope they bring back the non-Superduty F-250. Meantime, they get a minor facelift next year.
  • Options
    btate2002btate2002 Member Posts: 64
    Has anyone heard anything about the upcoming generation of S-10's. I am want to know what they are gonna look like so I can decide to buy then or now.
  • Options
    chevytruck_fanchevytruck_fan Member Posts: 432
    go to editorial-future telling part of edmunds, the S-10's are going to look kinda like the trailblazer, and Chevy is suppose to be coming out with a dakota sized truck in 2003 or 2004.
This discussion has been closed.