Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Rear sunshade repair Hyundai Azera

rdwestnyrdwestny Posts: 1
edited July 2012 in Hyundai
2006 Hyundai Azera rear sunshade does not extend. How do I remove and repair it?

Comments

• jamazerajamazera Posts: 149
    good luck..... rear seat must be removed.....dealer charge to replace/repair is probably ~$500 ---maybe more.
  • I had my 2009 repaired under warranty, It would have cost nearly 1,000.00
  • Go to Hyundai repair site and you will find what you need to remove/repair the rear sunshade.
  • excop820excop820 Posts: 1
    Just returned from local dealership, sunshade not working, sounds like a coffee grinder.
    $1300 to r & r.
    They will install new gear kit for $210. including labor!!!
  • jamazerajamazera Posts: 149
    good luck....the gears are probably plastic......
  • steds54steds54 Posts: 11
    If the sunshade is in a position now that is not obstructing your vision, why not just forget about "fixing" it ? We've lived for over a hundred years without rear sunshades anyway. Why would you want to replace one piece of garbage with an identical one ? I say SHAME on Hyundai for foisting such a piece of cheap junk on Azera owners in the first place ! They should have used better materials . Mine has gone up ('06) Azera just twice when I inadvertently pushed the controller. I have never found a need for it . Who needs it ?
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Posts: 213
    It did fail under warranty and they fixed it. After reading all of this, I think I'll just leave it alone.
  • It comes in handy at night when those idiots with too bright headlamps are behind you.
    Hmmm....... never thought of THAT! Good point, but, doesn't the rear-view mirror automatically compensate for the Doofus with the "too bright" lights ?
  • gamlegedgamleged Posts: 442
    Sometimes "too bright" is like twin blue/white lasers with a top bar of extra lights and the sunshade is a big assist...
    Yep! And the mentality that accompanies that "Hillbilly" conveyance is about one one-hundredth of the truck's brightness..., especially if access to the jacked-up cab is via an extension ladder...