Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

1994 Pathfinder Spare Mount - Switch Spare to Trunk

nrb927nrb927 Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Nissan
Hi folks,

I have a 94 Pathfinder, recently purchased with 310 000 km in SK, Canada. Good vehicle, a lot of life left.

I currently have a spare tire carrier and wanted to know if and how to get/find/purchase something to store the tire securely inside the vehicle in rear the storage area. In other words, I want to find a way to store the spare in so it's not hanging off the back. I'm just not keen about the carrier.

The 1994 manual lists two spare storage set-ups, with the spare stowed along the side wall inside and the swinging external tire carrier. By this, I infer there must be some kind of kit to convert, or least maybe a mounting point somewhere in the storage area...?

The key here is secure; has be mounted to something secured to the side wall or the floor. I don't want a floating spare tire laying flat in the back; my kids ride in it from time to time and a spare laying around isn't an option. Just don;t want it floating around while I'm driving.

I could ratchet it down with some straps but would prefer something I could bolt on and really lock the tire onto.

Any ideas? Dealership? I was gonna head to my mechanic and see what he said but thought I'd try the forum.

Comments