Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 Lexus RX 350 DVD Entertainment System

smd2972smd2972 Posts: 1
I'll be picking up our 2013 RX 350 this Friday. I wanted to find out if anyone has had experience with the Rosen dual head rest dvd system. The dealer is charging me $1750, but it is purchased and installed by a local custom audio shop who sells it for $1700. The system controls are not connected to the main Lexus stereo and it is played through a radio system if you are not using the headsets. I did a quick search and found comprable systems for much less and have even considered buying 2 refurb iPads instead. Your thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited August 2012
    I love the iPad idea (got a refurb here). About the only positive about buying something from the dealer is that you may get a better warranty than buying a cheaper DVD system from another shop. Sounds like the system integration isn't too slick with the rest of the stereo though.

I guess you'd have fewer flying projectiles in case of an accident with a headrest system.