Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Subaru XV Crosstrek

2»

Comments

• Options
    tinycadontinycadon Member Posts: 287

Any word on what changes will be coming with the 2015 Crosstrek???

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

@tinycadon, I've been following the Crosstrek a little since my sister is interested in getting one. I haven't seen any news about the 2015, and since it's supposed to be a carryover model, I wouldn't expect anything other than minor changes.

Back to my sister, she currently is running an '05 Forester into the ground. She has been wanting a MINI for years now but is a bit leery of the maintenance and she's not too close to a dealer. We saw a Crosstrek last year tooling around Virginia and she liked the looks (even before she realized it was a Subaru).

She just got new tires so it'll be another six months before she buys (or so she claims, lol).

• Options
    nhgarynhgary Member Posts: 2

Report on 2013 Crosstrek with manual transmission: We have 13k on our XV, pros: getting 28 to 32mpg, four wheel drive is great. Cons: Fabric seat covers wear prematurely, we must purchase aftermarket seat covers for it. One rear yokohama tire is bald after only 13k miles, . Ask for a tire warranty if you buy a new Crosstrek. Quality is not as good as Nissan or Honda.

• Options
    nhgarynhgary Member Posts: 2

Oh, and engine is very underpowered!

• Options
    buffy22buffy22 Member Posts: 10
    Im about to purchase a 2013 Crosstrek but..I've read reviews about tire wear and it's inability to make it up a steep hill. Thoughts?
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    If you are 35 or under and recently bought a new Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4 or similar vehicle to transport your young family, a reporter would like to talk with you. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, January 7, 2016 and include your age, the age of your children and a few words about your vehicle choice.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com