-June 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

2013 Subaru Impreza - What is factory brand navigation system?

amerrrsamerrrs Member Posts: 1
Hello,

Has anyone done any research into who the manufacturer is for the factory installed system?

I recently purchased a 2013 Impreza and the dealership originally told me that they would be able to install a like for like system. Now they've told me it's been discontinued. I'm having trouble finding info online. I don't want to get taken advantage of. Please help.....

1) Does anyone know what the manufacturer is for the factory installed navi?

2) For those that have installed an after-market system (w/ camera), what brand/model did you end up getting?

Thank you in advance, really looking for some guidance!

Comments

• Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Reviews on the OEM system aren't that good, search YouTube for the CNET check the tech.

I would look at better aftermarket ones, just make sure you get adapters for the steering wheel controls and consider adding a backup cam while you're at it.

Last time I went to the Sony store they had installers right there in the store.
  • Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    If you replace the factory radio and/or navigation, and go aftermarket, you will likely lose your integrated Bluetooth and steering wheel radio controls.

Bob
  • Options
    They can adapt the steering wheel controls, probably the Bluetooth also but adapters cost extra, plus labor.

OEMs have come down, used to be $2200 now $1000 for Navi, so becoming better values now.
  • Options
    phortitoophortitoo Member Posts: 1
    I paid $19K with all weather mats, middle console tray, and Splash Guards. Taxes extra. 60 months @ 2.9% interest. None in stock, but one is on it's way.

Did I get a good deal???
  • Options
    Sounds like it, anything under $20k is uncommon.