Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you considering a vehicle subscription service or did you previously consider one and decide against it? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by 10/30 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Failure to start after jumping; lights blinking

faradnfaradn Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Toyota
98 Toyota Corolla. I left my lights on and the battery ran down. I tried to jump the car, but all that happens is the lights blink in time with a beeping sound. I think it might be some sort of security system, but I'm not sure. The lights are bright now so I think the battery is fully charged.

The engine makes no noise whatsoever as I turn the key.

Comments

• terceltomterceltom Allentown, PSPosts: 1,024
    Remove the positive side of the battery cable from the battery for a minute and then reinstall to reset system.
  • faradnfaradn Posts: 3
    Thanks. Should I do this before or after trying to jump it again?
    before
  • faradnfaradn Posts: 3
    I've heard that it is safer to remove the negative first. I tried that and it didn't work. Do I need to remove just the positive for it to work?
    Doesn't really matter, if removing battery power didn't reset, then sorry I don't have any further ideas.