Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Escape's MyFordTouch weather icons

mattburns1mattburns1 Member Posts: 1
Is there a place to find what all of the MyFordTouch weather icons mean?

Comments

• Options
    stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    I found this on an explorer forum, maybe it will help:

"Ok, so I figured out what the icons on the weather map are this morning (or more accurately, how to find out what they mean). You can press the icon and the system refocuses the map to be centered on the icon and a box shows up on the right hand side of the screen that says "INFO" and if you touch that it shows what it means. For example, the dark blue circles with the white circles inside means "HAIL" along with information on when it was observed and where it is heading.

Enjoy. "
  • Options
    printerman1printerman1 Member Posts: 68
    you hsould not have to figure this stuff out. If its not self explaining, its probably created by Microsoft. They handle all the IT in the car. Or your sales rep should explain.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    "you hsould not have to figure this stuff out. If its not self explaining, its probably created by Microsoft. They handle all the IT in the car. Or your sales rep should explain. "

Well, since Sync is a Microsoft product, I'm sure you are correct. But I doubt most sales reps would be able to help, since I suspect the weather icons don't come up unless that weather pattern is currently happening.

If the procedure I found works, I believe Microsoft DID put in an explanation - by following the procedure I posted.
  • Options
    usa1fanusa1fan Member Posts: 68
    Sync is a Microsoft product, but is MS responsible for the whole system's implementation, or just the platform with Ford being responsible for implementing their unique features on top of it?
  • Options
    I don't know about the weather, but here is a comment I found from ford:

"The exclusivity contract with Microsoft for the underlying Auto operating system expired in November of 2008, so they can provide the software to other companies, which includes the base capabilities of Bluetooth and USB connection for voice control. But, all the other applications - 911 Assist, Vehicle Health Report, and Traffic, Direction & Information - are Ford developed."

So it may well be that the weather is also developed by Ford.
  • Options
    printerman1printerman1 Member Posts: 68
    wondering what the weather is outside your car, roll the window down lol.
    I dont trust the touch screen technology. I have seen too many drivers go oops, then do a radical lane change. obvilious to other drivers. Welcome to the real world, outside technology.