Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

chevrolet prizm DRL

i have a 2002 chevrolet prizm. love it! :D it was my dads car (im 18) and now i share it with him. when he gets another car i will buy it off him... anyway. i know its a rebadged toyota corolla. and it has DRLS which i love. i noticed that the DRLs are just the low beams. but as i was doing research into the DRLs which i randomly do research on car stuff. the DRLs are supposed to be at reduced brightness/voltage. in the owners manual it states "When the DRL are on, only your headlamps will be on at a reduced brightness." however they are not. its just like they are the low beams. i tested it by turning the car on and waiting for the normal lights to kick in. i looked straight at them. and watched them turn on. no difference. i wouldnt care about it because it doesnt make a difference. however. i recently installed new bulbs which are high performance headlights. which make a huge difference, like having new bright lights and fog lights. the issue with them is. there lifespan is not as long as the low cost ones. i wish that the DRLs would be reduced brightness to extend the life of my bulbs. does anyone else have this issue/DRL bug?