Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Sonata bluetooth dialing not working properly

laurienjlaurienj Member Posts: 3
edited August 2013 in Hyundai
I just came home with my new 2013 Sonata with Navigation. I’m having a problem with the Bluetooth. I have it all paired up and can receive calls and dial them manually on the screen. But when I hit the voice activation button and say “CALL DAD” It brings me to a screen and asks me for a name. I then say “DAD” and it brings me to another screen and asks me to pick which one I want to call. “Dad” is on this list but there are other names from my address book too and I have to hit the number Dad is next to.
I traded in my 2011 Sonata for this car and in my 2011 I would just say “call dad” and it would ring dad. No questions asked.
Since this is a newer car, there has to be something wrong as I can’t imagine having to go through all of that just to make a call.
What am I doing wrong? I unpaired the phone and set it all back up. Uploaded my contacts but that didn’t work.
I’m going from a 2011 Limited to a 2013 SE 2.0, fully loaded. I think I might have TOOO much going on in the cockpit!! Need to read and get used to all of it. This problem I searched and found that I’m doing everything correct (I think!)
*Edited to add that I have an iPhone 4s

Comments

• Options
    berniel77berniel77 Member Posts: 3

Did you have a different phone with your prior car? (Just asking, not sure this matters with your issue.)

• Options
    berniel77berniel77 Member Posts: 3

P.S. I have a 2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid (w/o Navigation) and an LG Octane phone. On the phone itself, I could say "Call Dad home" (for instance) but in the car on Bluetooth I have to say "Call Dad", get question about mobile, home, etc. and then say "home".