Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

First gen or second gen?

Im really torn here on what model i want to buy. I love that the second gen has the variable valve timing for the higher torque and BHP but i HATE the look of the 2003 interior, i think the previous model looks sooo much better. Ive driven a 2002 and a 2003 and i honestly could not tell a difference in acceleration but its possible the 2003 i drove wasnt running properly. Does anyone know if its possible to retrofit a 1999-2002 interior (mainly the radio and center stack stuff, i hate the looks of the fake aluminum or whatever that is on 2003+ models). Or another question would be is it possible to fit the 1999-2002 models easily with the VVT from the 2003+ models? I honestly think these cars are the best bang for your buck on the market, i can get one with under 100k miles for 5 grand thats a lot of car for the money.

Comments

• akirbyakirby Posts: 8,062
    Retrofitting the interior would be difficult due to all the changes (electric parking brake e.g.) but might be possible. Retrofitting the drivetrains is a no-go. I would just try to find a 2002 that you like and go with it if the interior is that big of a deal. Those seemed to handle better, too, although not by a big margin. With a 2002 you can also get a V6 sport model or a V8 base model whereas with the 2003-06 you can only get a V6 base or V8 sport (unless the car came from Canada).