Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

subaru forester2014 after market heated seats

coconut12coconut12 Member Posts: 1
just bought a base model forester 2014 and the dealer put in aftermarket front driver and passenger heated seats. The passenger side bottom seat doesn't get hot- service manager said they can't put the heater in the bottom of the seat because it would interfer with the airbag. Is he telling the truth or just brushing me off? Anyone know the answer, please reply. Thanks

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,747
    The only unique part about the passenger seat is that it has a pressure (weight?) sensor that turns on the airbag when a certain mass is detected. I'm really not sure how that would be impaired by adding a seat heater to the system, but it doesn't make sense to me that the functioning of the sensor would be altered.

If the service advisor isn't willing to go into detail with you on it, then I'd keep pushing to get a good answer.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    That smells fishy...the heating element goes on the surface, why would that interfere with the weight sensors? Maybe they just think it's best not to take the covers off, for some reason? There's got to be a way around that...
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,747
    I would think so! After all, the AWP includes a seat heater for the passenger's tush (and it still has an air bag w/ weight sensor!).....
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250