Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To Be Or Not To Be...

I have a 2001 metallic blue Eurovan weekender that I almost - absolutely love. I purchased it 2 years ago with the intent to see the world and nature. I have had to spend $5000 on it to fix alternator, cam timers, air conditioning and what not's. It is now back in the shop with a couple codes indicating out of sync cam shaft. Probably due to poor maintenance before I purchased it. I love everything about it, but the engine. I would like to keep it until I die, but I can't keep on paying the mechanic. I am pretty handy and used to fix my Audi 4000s all the time. Is it worth it to keep it and DIY? I so much wish that VW built the Eurovan with a little more thought into the engine, and what I hear, transmission. If they did, this would be the best thing ever, apart from it being electric.

Comments

• I have been working with my super 1999 v6 Eurovan 180k for the last 5 years in Nyc known as 'Boy with a Bus' in the Man with Van world. We have seen a lot and of course have seen the tow truck and the guys at eurotech a bit more. I recently retired her from the van biz and 2 weeks ago i go in for an oil change and the guys tell me Im gonna need front and rear brakes, rotors,front tie rods, etc, basically a $1000 of work. A week later im stalling out and getting towed. New air Mass and clean throttle body, there goes $500. The following day after i pick her up it thanksgiving and me and my young ones drive 2hrs to Mays landing NJ to visit my family. A mile or so before the exit i get the flashing check engine and when we get off shes running rough and sounding rough. A shop down there says its the 5th fuel injector and the rough sound is actually the water pump going! Another $1000. $180k and the thought of dumping $2000 has lead me here for YOUR honest advice? Whats Next?

Do i leave her in Jerz and say goodbye?
    Do I get her fixed and would someone buy?