Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Fuel Leak

1999 Grand Cherokee Ltd., 4.7 V8 Recently I started to smell gas, especially first thing in the morning, but it would soon disappear. Then other people began noticing the smell, but I could not discover where it was coming from. This morning I started the car, then got out to look, and there was quite a heavy flow of fuel seemingly coming from the rear of the engine and more towards the passenger side of the vehicle. I raised the hood but could locate where the fuel was coming from. Then the flow ceased, I say ceased but it may have just slowed to the point that it was no longer dripping onto the ground. I tried to see under the vehicle but it was too dark to be able to see anything. As I had a very important appointment I drove the car, but there is a noticeable smell of gas. On my return I raised the vehicle onto ramps and started the engine.......NOTHING, but there is a definite smell of gas. I tried looking from below and from above, but nothing seemed wrong. This problem has become worse, as I can notice a drop in gas mileage.