Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Class action - 2008 Odyssey

cbadinicbadini Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Honda
Received a class action notice regarding honda vehicles and engine misfiring. Did not pay any attention to it. Until my engine starting knocking. My mechanic thinks this calls action suit may have everything to with my 2008 odyssey's engine knocking at 99k mi. Should not be happening. Enginemisfiresettlement.com many honda models are included.

Comments

• Options
    indydriverindydriver Member Posts: 620
    I just got the notice today. Great news for everyone who has suffered through Honda's stonewalling on this. Here's a few highlights:

-more info at: enginemisfiresettlement.com
    -vehicles covered: 2008-2012 Accord; 2008-2013 Odyssey; 2009-2013 Pilot; 2010-2012 Crosstour
    -key date: reimbursement claims for related out of pocket expenses must be postmarked by April 10, 2014
    -every owner is automatically included as a plaintiff and therefore a party to the settlement unless you specifically opt out in writing which is the only way to preserve your individual right to sue Honda at a later date.
    -what the settlement provides: reimbursement of properly documented out of pocket expenses for repairs of "misfire" that include repairs of diagnostic trouble codes P0301; P0302; P0303 or P0304 and WARRANTY EXTENSION FOR ALL V6 VCM ENGINES TO 8 YEARS FROM DATE OF PURCHASE OR LEASE.
    -If you are unhappy with this settlement, you are invited to write to the court to explain why.
    What does Honda say?

"Honda expressly denies the allegations in the litigation, denies that it has engaged in any wrongdoing, and specifically denies the claims described [herein] and asserted in the litigation.

Stonewalling to the end. Go get 'em all you posters with problems. Eradicate VCM from the face of this earth.
  • Options
    wayne21wayne21 Member Posts: 259
    edited December 2013
    This is no different from what they did with their transmissions. Instead of building a decent transmission they denied having problems. They stonewalled until they had a class action suit filed against them. They denied anything wrong with the transmissions and merely extended the warranty for 8 years or 100k (I believe). Then each time they put in a rebuilt transmission they would give a 3/36 warranty on it. I have ruled out Honda as an option because they have Honda transmissions - IMO they are crap and have been crap for a very long time. Now it's their 6 cyl with the VCM - more crap. I am guessing this is why consumer reports removed the 6 cyl accord from the recommend to buy list - the trouble with their VCM.

And before anyone can say the bad transmissions were limited to the 6 cyl accords, I'll point out that my 4 cyl accord had 3 replacement rebuilt transmissions put in it AND when you see how Honda stonewalls on things their is absolutely no way they would provide additional warranties on the transmissions on the 4 and 6 cyl accords (and acuras, etc) if they didn't need to.... and that's exactly what they did. They covered the 4 and 6 cyl transmissions after the class action lawsuit. When I had my transmissions replaced, the mechanic told me they replaced a lot of them in 4 cyl and 6 cyl accords.
  • Options
    rcegglrceggl Member Posts: 31
    One of the reasons I purchased this vehicle was that just about everybody indicated it was a great handling van. Simply not true and am quite upset with those who claimed otherwise. Indeed, I traded an 09 Odyssey for the "13", and the 09 was a much better handling vehicle. Very disappointed in Honda.
  • Options
    kgallowaykgalloway Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 honda Pilot and was wondering if anyone had air conditioner issues.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

Hi kgalloway - this conversation has mostly been about engine misfires in the Odyssey. You might have more luck if you look at our Pilot discussions. You can find those here:

I looked at that list, and it seems some other members have had AC issues on their 2008 Pilots: http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/10285/honda/pilot/2008-honda-pilot-air-conditioning-problems

You are also welcome to start a discussion of your own if you don't find answers.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews