Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2006 Ferrari F430 Spider Convertible

Comments

• SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    This car is absolutely beautiful...

Download the PDF "F430 Brief Technical Specifications" document HERE
  • tsaupe1tsaupe1 Member Posts: 166
    I saw some photos of this car on the road in Bahrain and it looks quite nice in motion. It's interesting that Ferrari usually waits some months before introducing the Spider version of their cars. This one is right on top of the general introduction. Perhaps the fact that they are already filling orders to a point of depleting this year's production run is the reason. I can't wait to see it "in the flesh."
  • hlfhlf Member Posts: 2
    I own a 355 Spider & a 360 Spider with a deposit on a 430 Spider. It will be interesting to compare all 3....
  • chris65amgchris65amg Member Posts: 372
    A Ferrari F430 Spyder, eh? Sounds awesome. The 360 was starting to show age spots....
  • tsaupe1tsaupe1 Member Posts: 166
    I have a 328 and I'm kinda hoping the 430 will drive the 360 down into my price range in a year or so. It will be an interesting comparison.

A bit off topic, but, how do you like your 355? I've looked at a couple, and they're very tempting. Although neither were in the condition I would opt for (one rat, one without any service history), my impression was very positive.
  • merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    Well it does look better than the 360 Spider. To me the 360 Spider never matched the F355 Spider in looks. The new F430 looks a little better...but as with the 360 those roll hoops don't look right.

M
  • hlfhlf Member Posts: 2
    I've always had sports cars with manual transmissions.

In talking to some fellows @ the Ferrari Club they encouraged me to try the F1 transmission.

I decided to purchase a 355 Spider F1 prior to ordering the 360 Spider. This gave me a feel of the F1 transmission. I enjoyed it so much that I purchased the 360 Spider with the F1 transmission & I couldn't give up the 355.

I enjoy both the 355 & the 360. I also own a 512TR with 5 speed.
  • antonio2antonio2 Member Posts: 1
    Why is it not being made anymore? How about this same body almost everything the same but make the groves on the door longer. And put A V10 in it with 40 values. Change the headlights to oval kind. Widen the cars body about an inches for better handling.
  • phde1phde1 Member Posts: 3
    REF:Ferrari f430 spider I'm interested to know who will buy such vehicle un EUROPA thanks for your interests 0 until 100 Km/h in 4,5 seciunds!
  • phde1phde1 Member Posts: 3
    who will buy a second hand hand prestige car from EUROPA actually?Thanks for your interests.
  • michaelgrantmichaelgrant Member Posts: 1
    There was a ferrari show in my town. I would say there were 3-4 F430's, 8 F355's and like 12 360's. There all beautiful cars, but my dad says their too flashy and is going with the aston martin vanquish. Not bad but the F430 is deffinatly my first choice in sports cars. I don't know what to do to have him change his idea because I prefer the F430 spider to the vanquish and its half the price. Any suggestions to convince him to get one?
  • 54225422 Member Posts: 6
    Ferrari says on its next F430 , they will no longer make a V10. They will make a 4.5L V8 or possibly a V6? THAT IS NOT A FERRARI.
  • chelle26chelle26 Member Posts: 8
    The Ferrari F430 is a high-performance sports car produced by the Italian automaker Ferrari to succeed the Ferrari 360. Along with a restyled body, like from emblem canada, the F430 features a 4.3 L V8 petrol engine derived from a shared Ferrari/Maserati design. This new powerplant is a significant departure for the F430's line: The engines of all previous V8 Ferraris were descendants of the Dino racing program of the 1950s. This fifty year development cycle comes to an end with the entirely new 4.3 L, the architecture of which will later replace the Dino-derived V12 in most other Ferrari cars.
  • frankiesteelfrankiesteel Member Posts: 2
    I am purchasing a 2006 f30 spider with 3k miles, can anyone give me advise of important issues that need to be thoroughly checked before purchasing, ferrari dealers are reluctant to check a car that way. what service should be done at the 3k mile point ..Thanks
  • frankiesteelfrankiesteel Member Posts: 2
    I am purchasing a 2006 f430 spider with 3k miles, can anyone give me advise of important issues that need to be thoroughly checked before purchasing, ferrari dealers are reluctant to check a car that way. what service should be done at the 3k mile point ..Thanks
  • testarossa1113testarossa1113 Member Posts: 1
    Make sure all the recalls have been taken care of...exhaust manifolds,hydralics for top.
  • annascarfordannascarford Member Posts: 2
    IT SURE IS
  • immeltingimmelting Member Posts: 2
    Watch for melting interior controls. It is just old enough to begin deteriorating.