Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Audi allroad vs Volvo XC70

winnwellwinnwell Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Audi
I am looking at both cars. I presently have a Volvo v70 wagon and like it. I have an A4 and like it. Lease is due on V70 and can't decide between the Allroad and the Volvo XC70. Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    5spot5spot Member Posts: 7
    Looking at the Allroad as well. Not sure if we should buy used after someone else had taken the hit, or hunt for a real deal on new? Any news on whether dealers are willing to haggle on the Allroad now that the new A6 is out? Also, any must have options? colors? etc.?

Thanks for your help,

5Spot
  • Options
    cerb1958cerb1958 Member Posts: 1
    I own both...the XC70 is a nice car, but no comparison...but no comparison in price either...unless you buy used....I got my 2001 allroad in October 2004, $25000, 48,000 miles, certiffid, warranty to 100000. Volvo bought new 2002, $32000. 18000 miles later, not a single problem with the allroad...Volvo has had very minor glitches, at 70,000 miles. allroad is faster, quieter, handles better, is practical, has fantastic Bose sound, tons of features....heated steering wheel, speed alarm (set whatever speed you want)...needed, overtaking i'm at 85mph before I know it...fantastic xenon lights, memory seats and mirrors, driver and passenger!! etc
  • Options
    bryobryo Member Posts: 4
    IF you have the V70 and like it, you'll probably be OK with the XC. It is a little more carlike and less boy racer, with thinner, taller tires.

I test drove an XC and found the sqeaks and rattles from the back of a brand new car irritating. The salesman said they were all like that, and I'd get used to it. I have 110,000 miles on my allroad now, and still no sqeaks or rattles.
  • Options
    engarconengarcon Member Posts: 2
    I cannot speak to the V70 however after owning an Audi Allroad I can tell you to run and run away fast....even with the extended/certified warranty..the car is a mess...The automatic transmissions fail, air suspension problems...repeated brake pad replacement at 5k intervals...I am looking to sell mine if you are interested......
  • Options
    peter45peter45 Member Posts: 2
    can anyone tell me where it is and how to change it?
  • Options
    branch2branch2 Member Posts: 10
    Hi,
    I would greatly appreciate your kind advise. I'm exploring to buy a 03/04 Allroad and have heard some horror stories re problems, other's with few. It would be so helpful if you could give me your brief expereince with any problems. Thank you very much. Glenn Bayard...branchburg, nj
  • Options
    engarconengarcon Member Posts: 2
    Look here and search their FAQ's as well:

http://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/
This discussion has been closed.