Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Mustang Audio System Problems

macatowamacatowa Member Posts: 69
Does anyone know how Ford converted the 07 Radio to use the aux input which is now located in the center console? I very much want to add one so I can input my Skyfy XM into it in lieu of the 12v input for a modulator which sounds like AM radio at best. I use the Skyfy home kit which fits sideways into the cup holders, than I use the power plug from the car kit which is 12v to 6V to power it. The antenna is a mini one that feeds thru the trunk lid and thru the seats to the console. Originally the PIE adapters had some issues, maybe they are worked out? Maybe that is how ford is getting it done?

Comments

• pat33pat33 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 04 GT convertable that I am really happy with. My question is that the car has factory installed Sirius radio. I would like to activate it but I can't figure out how to bring up the activation #. Sirius says to contact Ford and Ford says to contact Sirius!! I'm stuck in the middle - Can anyone help?
  • mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    Go to www.fordaccessories.com and look for trip tunes.

Mark
  • gzgtpgzgtp Member Posts: 83
    Have you thought about using the roady XT. Thats what I use. You still have to plug into the lighter, but no need for home kit. Antenna is magnetized so it sticks to rear view mirror bracket and wire is concealed where roof meets windshield. Radio itself is mounted on pillar just to left of radio. It is very convenient, inconspicuous and sounds great.
  • capecodder2capecodder2 Member Posts: 3
    Do you know if a SkyFi2 XM radio can plug into the Aux. input on a 2007 mustang? If possible, the power outlet is right there in the center console.
  • diann4diann4 Member Posts: 2
    It says how to do it in the owners manual (ford). Something like press aux and button 1 at the same time? you can download the manual to a 2007 mustang and it will tell you
    You can should ONLY use the AUX jack for sources that have a headphone jack. Do not connect it to a "line-out" jack.

Mark
  • bbheineybbheiney Member Posts: 1
    I recently lost the amp that powers the rear sub woofer. I would like to replace it, but Ford doesn't supply it any more (guessing because of the cost, $1200)and I'm hitting brick walls online. I love my Mustang, and want to hold onto it as long as I can. :)
    Anyone having problems with Sirius excessively cutting out, loosing signal?

Mark.
  • tkozyckitkozycki Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased an enclosed 10" Rockford Fosgate sub
    17-1/4"W x 13-1/2"H x 16"D

I ordered it online and I just got it in the mail and I'm having one hell of a time trying to get it in the trunk, it is just barely too big, does anyone know any way that I can get it in?
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Take out the back seat?
  • tkozyckitkozycki Member Posts: 2
    I did, to figure out that behind the backseat is where the hydrolic pump and equipment is for the convertible. Is there a way to get around that?
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Trade the vert in for a coupe?

Sorry - not much else you can do other than take the speaker apart if that's possible.
  • sesimonsesimon Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought this car from a friend who had put a older style Alpine radio in. First off the radio location stinks - want to move it up in the stack. Also want to replace the radio with something more up to date that sounds better. Anyone have any suggestions/pics that could help? The aftermarket mounting brackets are ugly and you can see the screws in the face plate.
  • naomi727naomi727 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know off the top of their head if the shaker stock radio for the 07 mustang would replace an 02 stock in dash radio?
  • parents2k8parents2k8 Member Posts: 3
    radio works when 2005 ignition is turned on and even when motor is on but as soon as you start the car volume turns off UNLESS you ave the clutch pushed in. Let the clutch out and the volume again goes away....Any thoughts?
    And of course, even though I under the 3year warranty I am over the mileage so that means money out of my pocket...Help!
  • azboogie46azboogie46 Member Posts: 1
    Need to remove the molding so I can get to the cd player. It needs to be cleaned but I can't get to it.HELP
  • dejavu67dejavu67 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if replacement wiring is available for the 1965-1967 Mustang Philco radios? I have a radio in excellent condition; however, the blue/red and black "single" wires have been cut. The black double wire and connector are intact.

Thanks for your assistance.
  • barbara87barbara87 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how to set the time on a 1987 Mustang LX radio?
  • mviehwegmviehweg Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I have a 2004 GT convertible with the Mach 1000 sound system in it. Both my door main speakers stopped working. The tweeters on the door work as do the rear and woofers in the trunk. Has this happened to anyone?