Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

95 bonneville serpentine belt replacement

falcon16falcon16 Member Posts: 3
edited April 2014 in Pontiac
Does anyone know if I need to remove the 'dogbones' (motor mounts) or any other parts to replace the serpentine belt on my 95 bonneville 3800 (not supercharged)? My old belt has 96000 on it and it is starting to look cracked and worn out.Thank you!

Comments

• lewis21lewis21 Member Posts: 5
    I have a 96 Bonneville, live in the desert and a few months back paid about $200 to have a new one installed at 40,000 miles. Watched the job, and yes...the right front motor mount has to be removed for the belt to be removed and of course the new one installed. By the way, my dial light on the am/fm radio cassette player recently went out, radio works but neither the clock time or the radio station are now lit up. You can see them by shining a light ... dealer advised, must buy a new radio.....$500. Any experience like that?
  • vernmirelvernmirel Member Posts: 1
    The belt on my "97 3/4 Truck I/ 305 engine threaded. Can anyone send me a diagram of how the belt goes on?
This discussion has been closed.