Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2002 ASTRO Van Tail light Mystery bulb

washburnerwashburner Member Posts: 3
edited December 2013 in Chevrolet

My 2002 ASTRO tailight has two ordinary bulbs for the lights, turn and backup.
In the middle of the housing is a small silver bulb about the size of a pea. I broke it trying to remove it. I CANNOT see what it does - Everything works after I replaced the regular turn signal bulb. I searched and the socket looks like a "SIDE MARKER" socket - but there is no side marker in the rear. And I cannot find a replacement bulb spec. What the heck is that small bulb in the middle for??

Comments

• washburnerwashburner Member Posts: 3

Here's a snapshot of the opened tail light assembly. The socket in the middle is the mystery -- It is neither the brake, backup, turn or running light. It was a small silver bulb that broke.

• takumi_takumi_ Member Posts: 7
    Not 100% sure but It could be a 194 peanut marker bulb, it's silver / dark silver cause it was burnt inside the bulb
  • washburnerwashburner Member Posts: 3

Thanks - It is a peanut size so I will check that out. Still, cant see what it does. I broke the right side peanut bulb - but it still looks the same as the unbroken left side.