Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently tried to purchase a new vehicle after being out of the market for a while and found that prices were much higher than you expected? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 1/22 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

1997 Sante Fe replacing brake pads

jackcobjackcob Posts: 13
edited December 2013 in Hyundai

My 1997 Sante Fe rear brakes pads have lasted 87000 miles (never had a car brakes last that long), but they now have to be replaced. My neighborhood mechanic will probably replace them with aftermarket pads, but I see Hyundai says something about "ceramic" pads. Should I be sure to get Hyundai pads when replacing?

Comments

• takumi_takumi_ western canadaPosts: 7
    No. For rear pads, just get what you can afford, unless you tow. Inexpensive pads create and leave more brake dust on the wheels / suspension sometimes causing squeeks and also generally wear out faster. Sometimes they aren't as thick as oem/premium pads too. I usually opt for the mid grade stuff if I don't want the premium parts.