Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda Protege5 transmission problems?

julesbarjulesbar Posts: 3
edited December 2013 in Mazda
~136 k mi.
new battery, alternator, belts, pvc valve...

been doing weird things on and off for awhile now..finally, I think it is a transmission problem because it vibrates like crazy, idles, and barely accelerates. ive been hearing various things...is it something as simple as changing a filter or an expensive tranny repair

Comments

• MarkHolthoffMarkHolthoff Santa Monica, CAPosts: 101

Hi, julesbar. What Year and Model is your Mazda (e.g. a 2007 MAZDA3)? Knowing that will help others figure out what might be wrong with your car. Thanks.

• 2002 protege5
  • so I took my car in. they want to charge me almost $1000 to change both my coils, spark plugs, and wires. and also change the O2 sensor. this is a firestone mechanic that ive never been to before.
  • steverstever Posts: 52,457

Some franchises are good (I used to used Midas in one city I lived in but I knew the owner). But frankly, if I were you, I'd find an independent shop and get a second opinion.

You can get dealer shop recommendations here, on Yelp, the Mechanic's Files at CarTalk and other review sites (there's a few more at my dealer shop link)..