Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Honda Pilot transmission problems

bcb232bcb232 Posts: 1
edited December 2013 in Honda
I have a 2005 honda pilot ivd had about 2 years its got 149, 000 miles on it im now having transmission problems.... the D light is flashing and its down shifting to 3rd going down the highway. I took it to AutoZone and the code was P0705 which says its the transmission range sensor.. about how much am I looking at it costing me to get it fix and is this correct.

Comments

• Also having problems with the same year vehicle there seems to be a trend her and honda needs to take responsibility to fix this!

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 20,225
    edited February 2014

So, after NINE years and 149,000 miles a sensor go's bad and you really think Honda should take responsibility for this?

Do you think every part on every car should be warrantied forever?

This is hardly a "trend". It's part of a car aging and is to be expected even on a Honda!

• yes hope it happens to yours so you can pay 4K for a car thats work 5K

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 20,225
    edited February 2014

Wow...now you are wishing bad luck on me?

On an older car with high miles, a catastrophic failure can actually total a car.

In the case of this car I think I would look for a used transmission out of a wrecked Pilot with low miles

But if this DID happen I wouldn't be happy but I would accept it as "one of those things" that can happen. I wouldn't complain on a public forum.