Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Mazda 3 S Touring 4-door or 2014 Honda Civic EX-L with Navigation?

cpiiicpiii Member Posts: 1
edited January 2014 in Honda

Hello All,

I am in the market for a new vehicle, and I have narrowed it down to a 2014 Mazda 3 s Touring (total M.S.R.P. $25,390), or a 2014 Honda Civic EX-L with Navigation ( total M.S.R.P. $25,030). I am looking for a vehicle which will be an excellent commuter car, but also enjoyable outside of the daily grind. Looking for reliability, livability (including typical service experience), cost to own (including very rough insurance estimates) and your personal opinion. I would also likely have to drive the vehicle cross country at least once. I know the '14 Mazda has been dinged for wind noise and off the bat, this concerns me. Keep in mind that both cars have been reworked to various levels for the '14 model year. Thank you all so much in advance!

Comments

• Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311

Both great choices. You can't go wrong. I've owned both Hondas and Mazdas, and both are very reliable. I'd give a very small edge to Honda on that score from personal experience, but it's close to being a tie. The Civic will be slightly quieter and more comfortable, but the Mazda3 will be a bit sportier. There are lots of Honda dealers all across the country, even in small cities, but Mazda dealers are a bit less common. I'm a fan of both cars, but I think I'd give a slight edge to the Honda overall.

2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311

Hope you'll let us know which one you choose!++

2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)