Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Subaru Outback vs 2014 Mazda CX-5

johnk0411johnk0411 Member Posts: 2

My new wife and I are considering our first car together. We don't have kids, but plan to within a 2-3 years. We kind of like the look of the CX-5 better, but the Outback might be more practical? Is the CX-5 big enough for kids, down the road? Which one's value hold longer? Is maintenance higher on one? Which one should we buy!?!

Comments

• Options
    dcm61dcm61 Member Posts: 1,567

The CX-5 is more comparable to the Forester. Have you considered the Forester?

• Options
    godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481

If you're gonna get a CX-5 make sure you understand the limitations for listening to music on an i Phone or I Pod, esp if you have a long list of tunes....turned me off on a CX-5 and Mazda has yet to fix.

• Options
    winter2winter2 Member Posts: 1,801

Tried a CX-5 but the seats were atrocious. Tried all levels of trim and I could not sit in the cars.Felt like my butt was being pinched in a vise. Lack of power was also a concern but I never drove the car because of the seats. Both are good cars, Subaru is tougher and more rugged than the CRV or CX-5. A Honda dealer admitted this to me when I considered a CRV. but rejected it too.