Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Isuzu Rodeo 4 Wheel Drive Question

joshuap55joshuap55 Posts: 1
edited January 2014 in Isuzu

So, I am looking to replace my auto locking hubs with manual locking hubs. I have been reading a lot and it appears that the Superwinch Premium Hubs are great, but there is a catch. I was about to order then when I saw the footnotes. It said that I needed "E - Special snap ring (26mm or 1 1/16 in.) must be obtained." So I began reading some more and people said that I do need them. So I got the part number "Isuzu part #9-09180-028-0" and called the dealership. They told me that they have no idea what I am talking about. So I began to look at other brands of hubs. I've found these Rugged Ridge Manual Locking Hubs that have no footnotes unlike the Superwinch. I have also found these AVM Locking Hubs, also with no foot notes. So I was wondering is it just the Superwinch Hubs that require this mystery clip, or is it all aftermarket hubs? And if so, where exactly can I get the clips from?

Comments

• If the part's available, St. Charles Isuzu might be able to get it for you. They're pretty helpful.