Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 BMW X1 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited January 2014 in BMW

Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 BMW X1 purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 BMW X1, please share your experience here. If you have leasing questions, please visit the 2014 BMW X1 Lease Questions discussion.

You can also research local dealer inventory and get pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on our 2014 BMW X1 page.

To see all forums discussions about the BMW X1, including earlier model years, please visit our list of BMW X1 discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• Options
    chellachella Member Posts: 2
    Closed 2014 X1 sDrive deal on last Saturday at Tucson BMW, it came with pre-installed options 18" alloy wheel and aluminum roof rail and Glacier Silver color, the price details are below.
    MSRP - 33,125
    Autonation Saving - 4,130
    selling price - 28,995 + TTL
    Sales tax - 6.1% (no city sales tax)
    Final OTD Price - 31,700
  • Options
    sixstrandsixstrand Member Posts: 0
    Last April, I leased a 2014 BMW X1. It is the 11th BMW that I have owned over the last 30 years and I have loved every one of them.....until now. My X1 is so poorly built that it rattles like an old pickup truck. The steering has no feedback and is imprecise. The rubber seals already look like they're 10 years old, and the a/c is only effective if I set it at 66 degrees. When I brought it back to the dealer, they didn't hear the rattles (although everyone who has ridden in the car has commented on them), and they told me that that BMW air conditioning always has to be set to 66 for it to be effective. Having had 10 other BMW's, I know this isn't true. In fact, if we set the a/c to 66 in my wife's X3, we freeze!

I wrote to the president of BMW, North America, and the response that I got was basically, "too bad". I then sent an e mail to the customer service e mail address, which resulted in a call from someone named Ashley. She couldn't have been more indifferent and sounded like she was reading from a script in a very disinterested monotone. She also told me that there was nothing they could do. When I told her that they were about to lose a customer of 30 years, who had bought 11 BMW's and had convinced dozens of friends and family members to get BMW's, she said nothing. Apparently, BMW has gotten so big and successful that their attitude is "who cares, we don't need your business".

Read more: http://forums.automotive.com/70/9619988/car-buying-experiences/bmw-customer-service/#ixzz3ONAD2pfO
    Follow us: @MyAutomotive on Twitter | AutomotiveCom on Facebook
  • Options
    Last April, I leased a 2014 BMW X1. It is the 11th BMW that I have owned over the last 30 years and I have loved every one of them.....until now. My X1 is so poorly built that it rattles like an old pickup truck. The steering has no feedback and is imprecise. The rubber seals already look like they're 10 years old, and the a/c is only effective if I set it at 66 degrees. When I brought it back to the dealer, they didn't hear the rattles (although everyone who has ridden in the car has commented on them), and they told me that that BMW air conditioning always has to be set to 66 for it to be effective. Having had 10 other BMW's, I know this isn't true. In fact, if we set the a/c to 66 in my wife's X3, we freeze!

I wrote to the president of BMW, North America, and the response that I got was basically, "too bad". I then sent an e mail to the customer service e mail address, which resulted in a call from someone named Ashley. She couldn't have been more indifferent and sounded like she was reading from a script in a very disinterested monotone. She also told me that there was nothing they could do. When I told her that they were about to lose a customer of 30 years, who had bought 11 BMW's and had convinced dozens of friends and family members to get BMW's, she said nothing. Apparently, BMW has gotten so big and successful that their attitude is "who cares, we don't need your business".

Read more: http://forums.automotive.com/70/9619988/car-buying-experiences/bmw-customer-service/#ixzz3ONAD2pfO
  • Options

• Options