Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited January 2014 in Nissan
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Nissan Altima purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 Altima please share your experience here.

If you have leasing questions, please visit the 2014 Nissan Altima Lease Questions discussion.

You can also research local dealer inventory and get pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on our 2014 Nissan Altima page.

To see all forums discussions about the [insert make/model], including earlier model years, please visit our list of Nissan Altima discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• Options
    ncognito13ncognito13 Member Posts: 66
    edited November 2013
    Looking at a 2014 SV with nav, conv, carpeted mats, splash guards,. MSRP $27,240 internet quote $22,897 includes dest but not tax, reg, etc..I will qualify for their 0% financing, and $750 and $500 offers..How much better can I do?? I have no trade as other car was totaled. I am shooting for $21,500 plus tax...Thoughts???? Car that I want is in stock......BTW I am in Albany, NY and a high powered dealer just took over an existing Nissan franchise...High powered meaning...he advertises likes mad....and has many other dealerships in the area.
  • Options
    stage4survivorstage4survivor Member Posts: 56
    I'd shoot for under $21K but, not sure about the competitiveness of your region.
    A local dealer on Long Island said they'll beat $24K on a 3.5SL with tech, spoiler, etc but, I'm unconvinced Altima is the best in this segment and I wasn't "sold" on the CVT transmission, there seems to be a "lag" when accelerating
  • Options
    Thanks for your insight..the price from LI for under 24K for 6 loaded is sharp. I am going this morning to test drive and if we like the car..we will see what we can do. There are now 3 Nissan dealers within 10 miles of me...and the new one Fucillo just opened and he is very,Very promotional..I hate car shopping but I think today I will have fun with the entire experience and see what I can come up with..I am originally from NYC..would be curious if you could name the dealer there..What car would you recommend in the segment..Thanks in advance for your help.

Howard
  • Options
    Was quoted $23,578 for the 2014 SV w/ nav, splash guards, conv package, carpeted mats, trunk net and body SM.....the OTD price w/8% sales tax, doc fees, and other fees was $25,836.74. This also included 0% finance for 5 yrs, and Apple Ipad. It also included $1250 in Nissan incentives...The sales manager took 3 runs at me after the salesman quoted me his first price which was over $27K...OTD...The sales manager swore to me that they were making NOTHING on the deal at the $23,578 because of the 0% financing, rebates and I pad. He told me that I would never believe him in regard to his FINAL price that he was making zero on the sale. The car had been on his lot since Aug 17, 2013...I thanked them for their time and left. I liked the car...quite a difference from the 2000 Altima that was just wrecked...Had a nice ride and the amenities were fine. Tomorrow I look at one of the other dealers in town that just took over a Nissan dealership...

I think I could do better. What do you folks think of the deal that I got which I turned down?
  • Options
    jimitsjimits Member Posts: 2
    I got 2 offers yesterday before tax... This just a the price

2013 SL with Tech & Roof - $25695

2014 SL with Tech & Roof - $25000 which was only for 24 hrs and after that 26000

I had to pass on both... $25000 looks unreal with to be true....

What you guys think???
  • Options
    Look at my previous post...and I walked away from that..I realize no leather and no tech..but IMHO neither of your offers was anything to get excited about. You have to mention are you using their financing..is their a trade, etc. I am going to wait until next week to really shop as I believe that the dealers in my area are NOT..moving Altimas at all...I keep track of the number of cars on Nissans site and there has been little inventory movement in the past 10 days./..I am thinking Nissan will sweeten their offers by mid Dec and the dealers will be very hungry going toward years end....I will keep the board up to date with my shopping experience. BTW my price did not include sales tax
  • Options
    sunshine_boysunshine_boy Member Posts: 10
    what was the sticker price of both vehicles and which state/city was this price quoted? I bought my 2013 Altima in October and living in Dallas, TX. Your 2013 model price quote is higher than what I paid.
  • Options
    seatown2seatown2 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone confirm whether or not Nissan will have additional cash back at end of year? It seems like the last two years they've done additional cash back mid month till end of year. I'd probably jump on it if it was available, it not, will probably look at the fusion.
  • Options
    emvtimeemvtime Member Posts: 7
    Nissan have announced $500 rebate on 2014 Altima model. It will be available till 01/02/2014.

I am looking for Altima SV with Tech & Conv Package.

What should be the target price, any suggestions?
  • Options
    Look at my post #3489 and you will see what I was quoted and did not buy...You are looking for the tech pack and NOT just the navigation..so if you add the difference of the 2 $500 more...you get what the price would have been to me..The rebates are the same now as they were over Thanksgiving weekend or close enough..The dealer swore to me he could not do better than what he quoted and I walked..And amazingly he NEVER called to find out if I was still looking..oh well. This weekend I am going to look at the car again at a highly promotional dealer and I will be shooting for a better deal than I walked away from..if not there is one more dealer in my NY state area..Will come back and report after Sat...Good Luck....
  • Options

Try Tony Sbarra from Acme Nissan, Brunswick NJ, I got price better than this from them. Lynss Nissan (Sales man - Gregorry) was also close to them. There were more Nissan dealers in the area who claimed that they can beat this price, but asked me to come in person as they cannot give price over phone. I went to meet two of them, one clearly told me that if you are getting less than his price of 25,800 (OTD with 7% Tax) then go and get car over there, which I did :). Other one want to run credit check first and stuff like that even before negotiating the price.

• Options
    grigolgrigol Member Posts: 17

emvtime, 25,800 for what -S or SV or SL (NAV?)
    Thanks.

• Options
    suave3747suave3747 Member Posts: 4

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, and just ran across it recently as I have been preparing to buy a car. I'm considering either a Nissan Altima 2.5 SL or a Honda EX-L right now in the Western PA area.

I have an offer for a 13 2.5 SL at $26,833 including destination with no incentives included. Then they are offering $500 holiday cash, $1500 retail cash and $500 customer cash, which brings the price down to $24,333. The invoice price appears to be $26,326.

At this point in the year, what kind of number should I be targeting for a 13 Altima, and how do these incentives come into play? I have heard some say I should be targeting $2000 under invoice for 13s, so am I supposed to be looking to get them down to $24,326 before incentives? I would need them to come down $2500, and that seems unlikely.

The only other offer I got back from a dealer was even higher than this. There are not that many Nissan dealers in the area.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• Options

grigol -> This was for SV with (Tech & Conv Package).

• Options
    sunshine_boy1sunshine_boy1 Member Posts: 5

@suave3747 said:
    Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, and just ran across it recently as I have been preparing to buy a car. I'm considering either a Nissan Altima 2.5 SL or a Honda EX-L right now in the Western PA area.

I have an offer for a 13 2.5 SL at $26,833 including destination with no incentives included. Then they are offering $500 holiday cash, $1500 retail cash and $500 customer cash, which brings the price down to $24,333. The invoice price appears to be $26,326.

At this point in the year, what kind of number should I be targeting for a 13 Altima, and how do these incentives come into play? I have heard some say I should be targeting $2000 under invoice for 13s, so am I supposed to be looking to get them down to $24,326 before incentives? I would need them to come down $2500, and that seems unlikely.

The only other offer I got back from a dealer was even higher than this. There are not that many Nissan dealers in the area.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I think $2K below invoice in Dallas was difficult for me to get but was able to get it after negotiating with multiple dealers in the area.

What's the MSRP price for your quoted 13 2.5 SL vehicle?

• Options
    saratoga3saratoga3 Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2014

bought 2014 2.5 SL with tech pkge and mud guards on Feb 6 2014
    sticker 30795. Pd 25,890 this included 1500 cash back from Nissan.
    the invoice is $28463.
    works out like this; 27390 (car) - 1500 cash back = 25890.
    Got this in lynnfield MA

• Options
    andrewshiandrewshi Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2014

Here is my contribution:
    $4000 below invoice on Altima SL with Technology Package and Moonroof Package and a few little features:

MSRP = $31,560

Dealer Factory Invoice = $29,037

Your Conicelli Internet Price...........$28,037

LESS Customer Cash Rebate............-$1,000

LESS Customer Bonus Cash.............-$1,000 (expires 03/10/2014)

LESS Captive Cash Rebate.................-$500

LESS College Grad Gift......................-$500

TOTAL.............................................$25,037.00+tax&tags

PA non-Philly tax...............................$1,502.22

New Tags/Title/Reg.............................$227.40

TOTAL "out the door".................$26,766.62

Conicelli Autoplex
    1200 Ridge Pike
    Conshohocken, PA 19428

Good luck, shoppers.

• Options
    antwawaantwawa Member Posts: 2

I am looking at the 2013 Altima Coupe I4 2.5S with convenience pkg, premium pkg, and leather pkg. Invoice is $29,396. What is the best price I should expect? I see there may be $1500 cash back right now. I am looking in the Atlanta area.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2014

On Friday, 5/16/14, bought 2014 Altima 2.5 SV w/convenience package, carpeted mats, tech package. After financing rebate of 2,000, got 5,663 off windshield sticker of 29,195, which included 1,580 of dealer add ons. Had no trade. Located in Humble, TX.

• Options
    jack276jack276 Member Posts: 5

Hello all, I am considering buying a Altima 2.5 SV Sedan standard. Got an email quote of $19,141 + fees and tax from a dealer. Is it a good price? What price I should target at? I am looking for cars in MD. Thanks!